“Of all the dramatic media , radio is the most visual”
Radio is an effective platform for the celebration of humanity in all its diversity and a forum for democratic debate. Radio is the most commonly used tool at the global level. Its unique ability to reach out to the widest audience ensures that radio can influence society’s perception of diversity, serve as a forum for all voices to speak, be reflected and heard.
World Radio Day 2021 Theme
This year the theme of the World Radio Day 2021 is Evolution Innovation and Connection.
On WRD 2021, UNESCO calls on all radio stations to celebrate the 10th anniversary of World Radio Day and 110th anniversary of Radio.
Ideas for celebrating World Radio Day 2021
- Broadcast a special section that involves a group of artists or composers of different backgrounds and Origin.
- Open your radio station or studio for a day to include a group of people who would not normally have access to such spaces and who are not within your established audience or specific target groups. Open house will create new demand and diversify the audiences.
- Create a collage segment where listeners say “Happy World Radio Day” in various languages or dialects spoken in your community / country / region.
When Radio Day is declared as International Day?
The proposal was submitted by the Spanish Radio Academy to the UNESCO Board Member on the declaration of World Radio Day on 20th September 2010. In November 2011, the request was adopted by all UNESCO Member States.
Why Radio Day is celebrated on 13th February?
On 13 February 1946, United Nations Radio was launched to broadcast dailynews and stories about the work of the United Nations and its associated countries. To mark the anniversary of the founding of the United Nations Radio, the 13th of February was chosen as the date for the observation of World Radio Day.
World Radio Day Quotes
- “With Radio listener absorbs every thing”
- “Radio is the most intimate and socially personal medium in the world”
- “In radio you have two tools , Sound and Silence”
- “Radio is the theater of Mind,Television is the theater of Mindless”
- “Its not true that i had nothing on ,I had the radio on”
- “On TV people can see it ,On radio you’ve got to create it”
- “Humans would become very sick without natural radio frequency (RF) exposures.”
- “Make the radio that you want to listen to”
- “Keep calm and listen to the radio”