1. The Amazon Rainforest is one of the LARGEST tropical RAINFORESTS that grows in the tropical basin of amazon river. Amazon river is the largest river in the world by the volume of water.
2. While most of the Amazon rainforest is in Brazil (60%), it’s also in Peru (13%), Colombia (10%), Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia and three countries. The Amazon Rainforest is twice the size of India (and India is the 7th largest country in the world!)
3. Amazon Rainforest is so dense that it is completely dark and only 1% of sunlight is available.
4. One tenth of all of the Earth’s species are found in the Amazon Rainforest and around 1/3 of the world’s flowering plants grow here (around 80,000 species).
5. The Amazon is home to a whole host of fascinating – and deadly! – creatures, including electric eels, flesh eating piranhas, poison dart frogs, jaguars and some seriously venomous snakes.
6. The Amazon Rainforest is a home for about 2.5 million insect species.
7. In Amazon rainforest there are many dangerous species of snakes, spiders and animals. It is also a home to the largest snake “Anaconda“.
8.Amazon rainforest covers half of planet’s remaining rainforest.
9.Amazon rainforest often referred as “Lungs of the Planet” since it produces 20% of earth’s oxygen.
10. Amazon rainforest is the home for 400-500 Indigenous tribe out of which around 50 tribes never had a contact with outside world.
11. Month of July to October is known as “Forest fire season” for Amazon.Fires are common in amazon causes due to by lightning strikes,also by farmers and loggers clearing land for crops or grazing.But in 2019 ,forest has seen a record number of fires ,figure is around 75000 times.