All around the world, people are gathering up for Earth Day. Started in 1970, this designated day of April 22 has become an annual reminder of our responsibility to be good stewards of the Earth and commit to reduce, reuse and recycle.
HERE’S HOW TREES MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
• Trees improve air quality by producing oxygen and store carbon, offsetting harmful byproducts of fossil-fuel burning.
• They moderate the effects of sun and wind, and they clean the air by trapping dust, pollen, and other pollutants.
• Trees maintain 50% of biodiversity Fauna and flora preservation.
• Trees play an important role in reducing emissions and smog in big cities.
Life is possible on the earth because of water, oxygen, and trees and we cannot ignore that trees are a source of oxygen and water on the earth. If we are destroying trees or forests, we are destroying our lives and the environment from the green earth. Human beings are considered as the most intelligent creature on the earth, so we should understand our responsibility towards nature and start saving trees, the green gold of earth.
Deforestation is the conversion of forested areas to non-forest land for use such as arable land, pasture, urban use, logged area, or wasteland.
• It is estimated that within 100 years there will be no rainforests.
• Forests cover 30% of the earth’s land.
• One and a half acres of forest is cut down every second.
• 20% of the world’s oxygen is produced in the Amazon forest.
• 25% of cancers fighting organisms are found in the Amazon.
• Poverty, overpopulation and unequal land access are the main causes of man- made deforestation.
• Half of the world’s tropical forests have already been cleared.
• A lot of paper and cardboard is used unnecessarily for packing. This means more tree felling.
• Reuse paper and plastic bags to discourage deforestation.
Seek knowledge on deforestation and how can you prevent it from happening by reading newspapers, magazines, the internet, TV shows. Spread the word and make it go viral.
“USE 3R I.E. RE-USE, REDUCE, RECYCLE”
“Plant a tree for every invoice, every month”
WRITTEN BY:- MOHIT DANDOTIYA